Gurrie It may be pedantic but you said ":"In saying this, I...

1. 6,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Gurrie

It may be pedantic but you said ":"In saying this, I still do stand by my comment regarding the fact that it is equally crazy to even contemplate that a western secular constitution may have room for sharia law."
    You were saying that it was crazy to *contemplate* the introduction of sharia law. If that is so then there is at least one highly placed totally establishment figure who is therefore crazy. Not just is crazy but willing to concede it publicly........

IMO, it is not crazy to contemplate the ways in which sharia law would be introduced.

1/ Use existing laws against the host society. Given that there are enough scum sucking lawyers out there it wouldn't be hard to find a few to run the case. As there is no shortage of laws on the books, whatever needed can be found.Human rights laws? Aboriginal traditional law as a precedent?

2/ Unrelenting pressure. Most western governments and societies are pretty pissweak and will do anything to avoid major unrest, especially ethnic unrest. They will surely cave in if enough pressure is applied over a long period. We had the case awhile ago where a magistrate couldn't even get a muslim defendant to stand for the court. What does that say?
    How would governments go against mass demos/riots? Every week?

3/ Numbers. Wait long enough and the relative birthrates will do the trick.

4/ Salami principle. Many small concessions and each provides the precedence for the next.

5/ Combine all the above...............

So which of the above scenarios above are crazy?

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.