religious people less intelligent than atheist, page-16

1. 17,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 458
    I don't think there is any doubt that the reason atheism has swept the world is because of the rise of science in the last 3 centuries. Science has successfully explained so much natural phenomena that was once credited to the hand of God....

.....on that basis does anyone else see the irony here?? We have a scientific study that proclaims that those who adhere to the modern atheistic view of the world are more intelligent than those who believe in a deity. I mean, geez, are these guys talking up their book or what?? How do you reckon it would go down if the Pope came out and said that Catholics are smarter than everyone else because God told him during a time of prayer??

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" so said Albert Einstein although he never believed in a personal god. I don't like the label "unintelligent" but in my experience their is little separating the boxed up thinking of the dogmatic atheist from the dogmatic believer who still clings to millennium old ideas of what God is. Intuitive understanding, or if you prefer true genius, is available to those prepared not to become attached to any set of fixed ideas...either atheistic or theistic. It may be that God is far more subtle and far more intertwined with our own selves than what the age old images have been telling us. Through science I believe we should be able to evolve our archaic ideas of what or who God is rather than to simply dismiss the metaphysical realm as a fairytale.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.