We all need to keep up with the times, but why $1K cash?Had a...

1. 56,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    We all need to keep up with the times, but why $1K cash?

Had a long discussions about the merits of chromecasts and Amazon firesticks the other night whilst then completing a preso synced with p/point and Panopto that I then needed to download as an MP4 and share.

Not easy.

However, I'm in in my late 50s now and it's becoming super hard to stay up with tech, but one thing I agree you with is why my bank does not provide cash to me anymore. I need a small stash of gold coins for elder relatives and now the only way I get them is by pleading with the supermarket chains at 8.00 am for change or by recklessly spending any notes I have to gain change in coins.

I'm no cooker, but the lack of availability of cash from institutions, that charge so many fees, makes me and many others, very angry. It's purely about profit and shareholders now - in a very clear and virtuous way.

I am surprised all of the ATMS were down - the brick and mortar suburban banks are on their deathbeds now.

Many, many people still need cold hard cash - either notes or coins.

Not cool.

It's getting to the point that I many have to travel to the Perth Mint and beg for coins at their desk.
    Last edited by fluffynymph: 16/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.