PAB 12.5% 0.7¢ patrys limited

Reminder of this exciting discovery

1. 864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Antibodies have been used as drugs for some 20 years – but typically they are used to bind to protein markers on a cell surface which may identify the presence of a tumour. PAT-DX1 was “a very different sort of antibody”, Patrys chief James Campbell told *. “It doesn’t bind to proteins on the surface but instead is taken up into the cell and binds to DNA where it interferes with DNA repair.”

“This is absolutely unique,” Mr Campbell said. “This is a discovery that came out of Yale University in the United States. No one else is doing these sort of cell-penetrating antibodies.”

In a series of lab experiments, Patry’s PAT-DX1 was shown to kill brain cancer tissue.The antibody was placed on brain cancer tumours cut out of seven human patients. In five of the seven cases, DX1 killed the brain cancer cells, Mr Campbell said.

“We licensed this about 18 months ago and today is the first time we’ve been able to talk about the humanised version of this antibody.”
    A humanised drug is one that has been adapted for use in the human body, often following trials in animals.

The results were “very, very exciting”, Mr Campbell said.

Brainy - If Mr Campbell is not exaggerating, the technology could be invaluable. Hope there is interest and partnerships with a big biotech but no takeover yet. I think the price will now stagnate as the next results are due only in the second half of 2017 (per the business update) which is October, November or December 2017. But closer to year end the SP will touch new recent highs due to speculation and if results are great holders could become very rich. I have 1.3 million shares and I am happy to risk losing all the market value $26k (I bought in the lows $7k) in hope for a 100 bagger.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
-0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $14.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.7¢ $3.399K 485.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 3120846 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 218873 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.