MSB 3.95% 92.0¢ mesoblast limited

Reminder, page-53

1. 494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    "Beware of FOMO... it tends to induce emotional thinking. "

Thank you for the warning.

However, I am a little confused.
    FOMO means Fear Of Missing Out. I have no such fear. I own MSB shares and therefore I have ZERO chance of missing out.
    Apart from this, I find your use of the term novel.
    FOMO describes buyers jumping onto stocks on impulse because the SP is climbing steeply and they are afraid they will miss out as it continues to climb. It can, at times, constitute gambling. I agree, one should be warned against this. But I have never before seen FOMO used to describe the purchase of shares that are tanking. What is one meant to be afraid of? Missing out on a tax deduction? I can only think of one reason for buying shares in MSB right now, and that is that MSB is undervalued based on the fundamentals.

IMO it is.

Buying MSB now is by definition investing. It is not gambling. Although I have previously used the gambling analogy, I now regret it. It was a clumsy attempt to express that the outcome was uncertain.
    And the outcome is uncertain.
    But this does not make investing and gambling synonymous. The difference being, that in gambling the outcome is random and blind. In investing, the outcome is uncertain but most certainly not blind. The uncertainty is known. The investor must use this knowledge, their skill and their intelligence to value the uncertainty. Therein lies the difference between a good investor and a bad one. It is not luck.

I would say that if anyone here is at risk of suffering from FOMO is it those that understand the astronomic potential in this company and have yet to invest in it. If any of the many inflection points discussed on these threads are announced, they will cause a steep spike in the SP. Beware, at that point FOMO is exactly what they, and possibly even you, will be suffering.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.0¢
Change
0.035(3.95%)
Mkt cap ! $1.067B
Open High Low Value Volume
88.5¢ 95.0¢ 88.0¢ $4.153M 4.512M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 84325 91.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.0¢ 20052 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.33pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.