APS 0.00% 3.9¢ allup silica limited

Agreed, there is a lot to look forward to in this company and I...

1. 66 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Agreed, there is a lot to look forward to in this company and I picked up a chunk at 12 cents. There are a number of quality projects inside this company

also agree kiwitrader69
    my main concern would be approvals and the ease of converting projects through to production status.

the kimberley, esperance and pipeclay tree projects appear to have no obvious approval road blocks?

unicup/sparkler is obviously looking good but hydrological issues remain.

Antwalker however has numerous challenges…
    E70/5455 was applied for over two years ago and is yet to be granted. It is held up by DWER and DBCA due to a raft of issues, such as:
    - It lays within the Warren catchment and the Quinninup dam catchment area, protected under the Country Areas Water Supply Act.
    - the targeted mineralised zone is in DBCA managed state forest, much of which is old growth forest.
    - the resulting open pit would destroy Little Quinninup Brook with a 25m+ deep pit void. Permanently interrupting the stream flow into the adjacent Dordagup National Park.
    - a mine closure plan would struggle to successfully address the rehabilitation of the deforested 25m+ deep pit void in a river valley.
    - <1000m from residences with all the associated approvals and hurdles that would entail.

This doesn’t even consider the usual list of approvals that are normally encountered with a mine startup - flora fauna, community…

It would be easy to dismiss this as a NIMBY issue but I can assure you it is much larger and has much broader support than that.

Sophisticated investors and those familiar with project approvals will recognise the risks associated with developing the Antwalker project. That time and money is better allocated to projects with a better chance of success.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.