rene rivkin brain tumour, page-11

1. 7,397 Posts.
    rene rivkin ,press release
    I will infringe copyright laws to bring the correct story to you miserable unfeeling lot,

Can not believe some of the cruel comment’s on Hotcopper sometimes ,
    this guy has only offended you by being wealthy and famous ,and that’s right a piddly insider trading charge as well .

18/06/03 PRESS RELEASE ON THE HEALTH OF MR. RENE RIVKIN
    Dear members,

Below is a release that was issued to the media on Wednesday June 18. Jordan Rivkin has also added a note for members at the bottom of this page.

ISSUED IN SYDNEY ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 18, 2003 BY MR. RIVKIN’S TREATING PSYCHIATRIST, DR ROBERT REZNIK MBBS MSc MD FFAPHM FRANZCP, AND IN CONSULTATION WITH MR RIVKIN’S IMMEDIATE FAMILY.

In my capacity as a Consulting Psychiatrist to Corrections Health, a division of the NSW Department of Health, I was asked to assess Mr Rivkin’s condition when he had a recent and well-publicised collapse whilst serving his first weekend of periodic detention at Silverwater Gaol. I had never met Mr Rivkin before that time.

My first impression on meeting with Mr Rivkin was that he was seriously ill and was experiencing a hypomanic episode. Subsequent discussions with Mr Rivkin and examinations by two other eminent colleagues have independently supported this diagnosis.

Hypomania can be part of a manic depressive disorder and indeed, Mr Rivkin has spoken freely of suffering from this illness. His recent behaviour and the symptoms of hypomania can also have other causes and indeed, further examination has indicated Mr Rivkin does have other health issues.

Brain scans have revealed that Mr Rivkin has multiple meningioma, which are benign tumours, adjacent to the brain. The largest is in the left orbito-frontal region. The largest one appears to be a recurrence of a tumour that had been removed 16 years ago. Mr Rivkin is scheduled for brain surgery in the first few days of next week. Whilst his medical advisors do not consider these tumours or their removal to be life threatening, their location and size suggest these alone could have been responsible for his symptoms.

All of the medical practitioners treating Mr Rivkin agree that he should anticipate making a full recovery, but the surgery involved is delicate and not without risk. Several days ago, at the request of Mr Rivkin and his immediate family, I agreed to act as his treating psychiatrist and this has allowed me to offer him continuity of care. My current advice to him is that he should anticipate a return to full health in about three months time.

This press release is being issued to simply state that concerns about Mr Rivkin’s health have been well justified. His recent collapse and recent behaviour is entirely consistent with the subsequent findings of his medical advisors.

Mr Rivkin has made it clear that as soon as he receives medical clearance, he expects to resume periodic detention at Silverwater.

His family will obviously be under great stress over the next few weeks and it seems reasonable to ask for people to respect their privacy and allow Mr Rivkin every chance to recuperate from these serious health issues.

There will be no further comment available, however, it is anticipated that after Mr Rivkin has completed a period of satisfactory post-operative care, further information will be made available by his family. This would probably not be before July 2, 2003.

As a subscriber of the Rivkin Report, I would like to provide you with more information about Rene’s health and the status of the Report.

After consultation with Rene’s doctors regarding his excellent prognosis, we expect Rene will be back producing the Rivkin Report himself within a very short space of time. In the interim, I will continue to write the Report with Rene’s assistance, as per the last two weeks.

There will be no changes to the services we provide our subscribers, which include the weekly Report, mid-week updates as required, access to six in-house advisors to clarify Report content and our Virtually Live web show, which I will be undertaking this Friday (and Rene will be back to answering your questions on the show shortly).

In 1987, Rene was diagnosed with a benign tumour next to the brain, similar to the one with which he has now been diagnosed. His recovery in 1987 was swift and complete, and his doctors are very confident that this tumour will be treated as successfully. Rene is very much looking forward to a quick and full recovery and being back on board at the Rivkin Report very shortly. As mentioned in the above media release, Rene also expects to resume periodic detention at Silverwater as soon as he receives medical clearance.

Finally, Rene has asked me once again to thank you for your expressions of support. Every email, letter and fax has been passed on to him and he has enjoyed reading them all.

Best regards
    Jordan Rivkin

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.