RLT 4.08% $1.02 renergen limited

@RunDover, it is possible but I think unlikely as RLT is...

1. 88 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    @RunDover, it is possible but I think unlikely as RLT is probably too illiquid to be traded by an algo.

Aussie market differs from the likes of US market when it comes to algo trading, being that in the US the market is extremely liquid and there is not only institutional and prop shops algo trading the market but there is also plenty of ways for retail traders to create simple algos via platforms such as TradeStation (and a bunch of others) .
    In Australia unless you are a coder with financial markets knowledge then there aren't many ways for retail traders to target the ASX, so aside from institutional algos there's not a load of others algo trading the ASX, it's still a very manual market. For all the Aussie superfunds and investment houses that have algos running RLT is probably to small for them. The only piece of software that makes it somewhat easy for retail traders to target the ASX is AmiBroker. However in saying that as I eluded to initially the very small trading volume of RLT would probably make it difficult to algo trade, I do a little bit of algo trading on the US futures market and I avoid all futures that do not have liquidity. Given you are not sitting there watching your algo running you want to be assured that you can get in and out a very specific level, you don't want to be left with only half an order filled, especially since brokerage in Australia is way more expensive than the US. This kind of thing can chew up profits very easily.

I know some prop trading firms in the USA run successful strategies targeting "low float" stocks, but in the US market as well as the multitude of algos that are running the majority of their market is also tradeable via options and a load of their stocks can be shorted. It's a very different environment to the ASX and I don't know if that kind of strategy is being run / or could be run on the ASX.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.02
Change
0.040(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $30.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.00 $1.04 97.5¢ $96.14K 93.96K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4500 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 41300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.02
  Change
0.040 ( 5.73 %)
Open High Low Volume
98.5¢ $1.04 98.5¢ 11932
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
RLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.