ok, good ideas from both of you...I have the belt sander, the...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    ok, good ideas from both of you...
    I have the belt sander, the handyman put on a medium grit, which I think is a bit too much, but it worked fine for the refectory table
    I have a smaller triangle shaped sander, and the grit, sanding stuff is easier to swap around for each job. It also gets into smaller spaces and corners.

The first two tables, the refectory and the round table are both solid timber. The extension table appears to have a surface layer of timber glued to other inferior timber. Well that is what I have guessed so far, from working with it. I am reluctant to dig too deep until I know exactly what I am working with, and what the limitations might be.

I have two large dining tables of my own, that I am very happy with. One is stored, with the legs packed away to save space, and brought out for the big family and friends get together's, when I need to seat 16 or more people.

I would feel confident to sell the 2 tables I am happy with, as I believe they can stand up to any scrutiny.

I have the dilemma, that all this furniture was her love, her hobby, her interest. I do not have the space to keep it, and use it, even though I would love to retain it as her keepsake. I think I can keep one of the larger tables for use in the art studio.
    It appears she left me a legacy, of her interest in antiques and restoration of same.
    There is no rush to find the answer. In the meantime I have been working my butt off for in excess of 8 hours a day on this project.
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.