RNT 5.26% 2.0¢ rent.com.au limited

Rent.com.au, page-554

1. 214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    We have just gone through the rental hunting experience (Redcliffe, Qld) and are in the process of signing a 12 month lease. The last time we were in the rental hunt was 30 years ago.
    Observations:

The rental market is brutal for renters.
    Treat it like a sales campaign and followup, followup, followup.
    At one property the agent said to us inspectors, "First come, best dressed".
    We used that REA abomination 1Form. It was like pulling teeth getting the info in. Every applicant I know hates it. Many agents have a dim view of it but, REA is the elephant.
    The whole process was like an Infosec Security Clearance, but with worse forms. Lucky I stayed up late preparing the form and docs
    Agents asked for accountants' contact information as I am self-employed(+transition-to-retirement). That contact information is not used by agents and I did all the leg-work.
    2Apply as a form system is a little better than 1Form(I think it still feeds 1Form) but we only used it once.
    Once I figured out my wife needed a Renter's resume as well, RNT's Application process was the quickest and easiest. Load up your supporting docs once and then customise the application with a few short pages of questions and we were good to go. Even better, when an agent tells us they do not have the application because their central office put the wrong email on the rent.com.au listing, I just clicked on "My Application" for that property, saved the PDF and sent it via email. Brilliant.

App UX(User experience) does not match the website UX. App does not show newest listings at the same time as the website does. Have to refresh the saved search on the website during the day to get the new listings. The app's notifications of new matched istings setting did not work and would often turn off magically. Rent and bond does not get pre-populated on the App Application form like on the website. I had to go back to the listing and write down the details. My wife used the website on a iphone instead of the app but was not able to complete the applicaton.There was an informational element that blocked accessing the field behind it. Plus-side, the support she got from hitting the chat button got her through the application as the support person was able to fix the application from their end but I eventually got her to install the app instead.

Domain and REA had more listings for a suburb than RNT, though those extras would often end up on RNT later.

We both paid for RentCheck and will go with the AGL Connect. let's see how that goes.

Bottom line. Our successful rental was from our RNT application and we will live within 500m of Sutton's Beach which was our target all along.

In the next couple of months we will find out what the landlord(with agent) RNT experience will be as we rent out our current home.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.001(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $12.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $2.446K 119.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 60000 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 85294 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.39pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.