Very true UT , and for the average punter its a non argument ,...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    Very true UT , and for the average punter its a non argument , the enforced saving of a morgage is their only hope , and still many waste the equity on holidays , cars ..and pretty much anything else you can imagine .

Now maybe , for the wise ..educated , Stock market Guru on hotcopper , another argument could be mounted . However my experience , in looking over individuals situations for over 15 years ..tell me , that less than 1% , will have such disclipine .

Better to build your position over time .

I hold a fair percentage in property , and this year have not only purchased myself , but assisted my daughter in building a new home in Melbourne .

I would NEVER even consider living in another individuals house , Im the landlord , I provide housing for others ..they assist me .

The argument is completely immaterial ..in 99% of cases , the average Joe , would only manage to p*ss his money , a little further up the wall ..While those of us invested , would continue to build our positions .

Like an associate of mine , he started over 25 years ago ... 314 homes , holding 50% equity . Thats a position ..

All in Melbourne ..needless to say , he has other things to do with his time , than read some of the nonsence written here on the property forum .

If you really want to destroy you wealth ..Sell your house and you can pay me Rent . The sums are not even worth bothering with .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.