rental mentals, page-12

1. 18,909 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    I agree pwinne we really want to know what needs to be done so that we can keep the house in good order. I find the hardest thing sometimes is getting the tenants to tell me something needs fixing as soon as they know about it as quite often it is weeks or even months after the problem was first discovered that I find out about it. Generally if you can fix it sooner rather than later the fix is cheaper and the tenants are happier knowing it has been fixed - plus in many cases if you can fix it yourself (if you are so inclined) it generally doesn't cost that much anyway!

As for tenants I currently find the ones on unemployment benefits the best as they know that if they look after me I look after them and they know I am giving them a go where others wouldn't so they generally look after the properties better! Really it is all about the attitude of the tenants and the relationship they have with the owner/owners representative - if it is a bad relationship then you are more likely to have trouble!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.