my03, I wouldn't want to hazard a guess, but one factor like I...

1. 3,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    my03, I wouldn't want to hazard a guess, but one factor like I mentioned before is the Asian interest in the area, so if they start to believe the market has turned here like it has in china, then buyers may be fewer. Also avoid asiam lucky numbers like 8, 28, 38, and choose unlucky ones with the number 4 involved.

Otherwise with the stamp duty exemption gone and bank discounting less, demand may reduce, but may not result in price retracement till well into the year. Heading into winter might be a better time as traditionally a better time to buy.

As phil says, if you're doing it for investment purposes I would suggest save your money. If to live in for lifestyle reasons and you don't mind losing more than the rent you would pay depending on how much you borrow and the rental demand in the particular area.

Remember that if higher priced properties fall, it takes a while but that can affect the lower priced ones as well, as the market adjusts. This will only happen with a long protracted period of price stagnation or falls.

Best case I think these apartments may appreciate at wages growth or inflation at approx 3% per year.

Likely case they will be flat to negative a few percent. May depend on europe an dcost of offshore funding required to refinance local bank debt. No-one knows the answer to that question, so it's a wildcard.

A lot of jobs being reported to be lost, and these don't turn up in the official figures for 4 to 6 months. If unemployment starts to be reported to head over 6 to 7% later in the year, then buyers will be less in number and banks less willing to lend money, which will affect most sectors of the property market around the country IMO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.