BOC 0.00% 46.0¢ bougainville copper limited

reopening Panguna copper mine, page-10

1. 1,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    I was in Bougainville last at the start of 2014 for the opening of a facility. I have contacts in PNG (all over) but not direct contacts into parties negotiating these mining agreements. Some locals will want development, some dont. I have highlighted earlier that doing business on landowners' land can be tough as even if the majority of locals are happy, it only take a few to feel they are getting a raw deal for disruptions. Unfortunately, almost always someone feels they should be getting more and thus problems are almost constant.

Remember, Bougainville fought a war over the proceeds of the mine. The ownership of the mine is still the same as pre-war. So what do the locals feel, well, imo, they feel that it shouldn't be like this and thats why change will happen. Glauconite, a poster who (IMO) had no idea but liked to think he did, was dismissing the idea that small scale mining would be a preferred option by the locals. He was calling a buy at 60c, actually, most who were have conviently disappeared. Typical hotcopper sort of stuff, the clueless rampers getting thumbs up while educated negative views gets bauked. My opinion is that the locals would rather do small scale mining and reap the rewards than have a large dirty conglomerate come in and take the proceeds offshore. They are very patriotic & protective, all of PNG is (to their village & lands). The winners in a small scale mining boom in Bougainville will be the gold buyers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $184.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 12280 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 642 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.00am 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.