GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

repatriate australian gold reserves...., page-70

1. 33,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1403
    Andy,

A few days back I started a thread which unsurprisingly hasn't attracted much interest.

It's titled "5 reasons not to buy gold"

I hope you've read it.

You keep banging on about money printing, so I'll kindly copy and paste the part from the Erb and Harvey study. This is a precis of it, but if you dig around on the internet the entire, very lenghty version will be there, which I've read.

--------

Gold as inflation hedge

This is perhaps the most widely held belief about gold, and the one that the study's authors devote the most energy to analyzing. They found that gold does not live up to the widely held belief that gold's price in real terms remains more or less constant.

Over any of the time periods assumed by investors — from the short term to as long as 20 years — gold's real price has fluctuated wildly. Interestingly, Erb and Prof. Harvey told me in separate interviews that this finding holds regardless of how inflation is defined — whether it's based on government data, or the shadow statistics some think are more accurate, or monetary inflation as measured by money supply.

---------------

My trading account's up 7.5% in 2013, how the gold going?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.