TOE 0.00% 27.0¢ toro energy limited

replace current management, page-624

1. 1,377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 499
    I am being totally honest.

Look, I have nothing against the guy, this isn't personal. I genuinely wish him well in life, just not with Toro.

And I don't entirely blame him. I mean, the guy was basically hired as a caretaker, back in 2017. He just had to looked after the joint while the uranium price was in a slump and the industry was dead.

We are now in a completely different paradigm. In my view, he doesn't have the requisite skillset. And I don't believe he has the energy or motivation to actually build a mine, from what I've seen of him. Has he ever built a mine before?

Further, I don't trust his judgement. He walked away from the WA government's offer of a mining license in Jan 2022. Point out to me, a mining CEO, anywhere on earth, in all the history of mining, that has ever turned down a mining license from a government? All he had to do was complete substantial commencement. The environmental approval was all done, ready to go for construction of a processing plant at Centipede & Milipede deposits. Our market cap would have soared by at least x10bags, I reckon. Instead, here we are, -80% loss.

Lastly, I don't think his incentive structure is aligned to our interests. It is far too heavily weighted to his hefty $500k salary. And as far as I can see, there is zero accountability in this company for poor performance. So, what is his incentive to do anything that will arguably advance this project to the point that he no longer has a job, as happened to Mike Young from Vimy? And here we are.

Can anyone point to where I am wrong in this assessment?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.