CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

reply africano etc

1. 46 Posts.
    Hi, I am not in Angola at present but SA waiting for lab results. The world economic crisis is hurting us so a bit of slowdown now. As I receive info however small I pass it on to 123 and they are really starting to compile complete data and I believe this time to the benefit of the real shareholders.

My opinion re the appointment of Africano - I think its a PR exercise to "pump" Angola,the ripe low hanging plum, a bit more. In the letter he states that he was the Minister of Mining for the last 8 years and involved in diamond this & that but the reality is that diamonds are managed/controlled by ENDIAMA. For alluvial concessions the Minister is merely a rubber stamp on contracts signed between ENDIAMA, the local Angolan company and the Investors(always 3 parties except if Anolan local partner has enough funds to carry on without investor) So here the Minister doesnt play a huge role.

For kimberlite diamond contracts/concessions, the Council of Ministers approves the contract between ENDIAMA, the local Angolan partner and the Investor - here the Minister of Mining to date, plays no role at all.

Re the base metals etc - I understand that senior political figures such as General de Matos and others made JV agreements with large companies such as CVRD(Brasil) Severstal(Russia) and the real prime known locations such as the Cunene complex and TeteloMavoio copper in the north of Angola, Menongue copper etc were given to these JV's on instruction of the President of Angola(this I heard ) so meaning as the opposition party's Minister in the Government, certain decisions re concessions were higher instructions.

lastly, UNITA lost the election quite badly and he was removed from his position and replaced by Minister Ambroise of the MPLA. His influence now will be very little to zero - this my opinion.

In DRC where UNITA had some past influence, he now also will have none because the new President of DRC, Kabila, is close to Pres Dos Santos and the same very much around including Cameroun.

Maybe he is part of CVI's grand plan or a "behind the scene" shareholder I dont know

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.