CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

reply to blueballs makattack bionicboy

1. 168 Posts.
    Blueballs, I respect anyone who is able/willing to put up a fair argument that might be counter to mine but it is THREE TIMES NOW I have asked you a simple question. Please provide me a reason for why centro will go under. You have still not answered this.

The companies that you describe in your post have no relevance to this one, if for example you had have quoted a company like the Qintex group then that may be a valid comparison but these resource companies are almost laughable examples.

---I have seen all the old arguments in the industry, its fallen because of shorters or manipulators, the
    ------banks surely couldnt let a co like this fall.
    ---its fundamentals are too strong.

Yes the first 3 arguments are valid but the last, have you ever known a company to fail that has little debt and large revenue? My point is fundamentals create the company and its silly to argue otherwise.

---At the end of the day arguing with the market will kill you, there was a quote that markets can keep
    ------falling much longer than you some can keep liquid.

So essentially what you are saying is that my investments should exactly parallel the market ,sell when prices goes down buy when they go up. I could be wrong but that doesn’t sound smart.

I agree with the second point and as I have said many times CNP is a high risk stock BUT the rewards are there.

---Everytime I hear some say 'I like the fundamentals' makes me chuckle quietly to be frank. There is --------absolutely no-one, no-one right now who could comment realistically on the fundamentals of this --------company until more information is forthcoming and events unravel.

Makattack, um maybe I am a simpleton unlike all the investment geniuses out there but isn’t that what the cashflow statement is for? Oh and along with the half year results and various other updates we have received!

---If you want a reward-risk play, CNP would be one of the last I would choose right now, in fact anything
    ---in the property sector is a bit suspect right now. Resources are still strong and that's where the money ---making capacity is right now, and even in these bearish time its not difficult.

Maybe a valid point, maybe not, so far there have been no clear indications that property prices have significantly reversed and infact there have been continued suggestions that Australian property prices have continued to increase. However these are not just properties these are retail shopping centers and I can assure you from a cursory glance of Melbourne city on a wet Sunday our appetite along with Americas and the rest of the western worlds appetite for crap has not and WILL NEVER AGAIN DECREASE. Human beings have become MASSIVE consumers and shopping centers in my opinion will continue to be highly valuable. Despite all the claims of recession the US retail industry has still experienced growth of $15 billion in the last quarter.

----Time has passed. CNP nears deadlines.

BionicBoy CNP is currently under no tight deadlines. We have time at the moment.

---Questions kick in whether they can convince those they are relying upon to survive.

It is very clear after god knows how many extensions the lenders are allow CNP to continue its own attempts at asset sales.

---CNP is up to their neck in debt and hoping to refinance and survive their highly leveraged business in a
    ---TIME when debt is expensive.

This is infact a vary valid point, but one that any current and recent investor in CNP has (or at least should have considered). My guess however; is that they will infact after the selldown of assets be able to refinance. I could be wrong I could be right, but to claim you or blueballs know the answer is wrong.

---Then ask yourself...are people holding or questioning a "bunch of girls".

Yes infact they are, they are massive pink g-string wearing teenage girls. Lol.
    Look I don’t claim to know the answer all I say is that neither do you. This is anyone’s guess at the moment but there is allot to suggest that outcome will be positive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.