GBI 0.00% 16.0¢ genera biosystems limited

Red,I have no doubt that GBI's technologies are unique, probably...

1. TTH
    1,255 Posts.
    Red,

I have no doubt that GBI's technologies are unique, probably cheaper than the rest (in the HPV space), have the advantage of multi-testing (with limited sampling) and have the potential for many great future testing offshoots, that's why I've made a small investment in it.

However, as regards to PLT's test, however good it is I think that:

- their main strength is their sample capture devise (for self sampling) ... apparently unique and has the potential for wider applications

- they are hamstrung by resources (cash and people). They've been in the business too long without turning a profit, and the market is sick & tired of promises and "song and dance"s. They've got to turn cash-flow positive quick-smart (was originally expected to be late last year, then Q1 this year, now Q4?!) and their flagship Truscreen is going to get them there first (then they'll focus more on Cerviscreen)

- they are wary of the US and getting approval over there. Many years were wasted with Truscreen for zero result, although (in hindsight) it was the wrong product for that market. They need cash, appriate partner(s) and focus to tackle that market. It will happen, but not in the near future, although they say they have commenced the process in regards to the US

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.