LYC 0.00% $7.04 lynas rare earths limited

reply to where are the cheer leaders now, page-45

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    "This book addresses the development of OLEDs based on rare-earth and transition metal complexes, especially focusing on europium, terbium, ruthenium, and rhenium. The idea is to explain how these organic materials can be used to build OLEDs."

omgwen, the emphasis there is the first two words, "this book".

That's OK, but REEs are not necessary for OLEDs, and most are made without them. They are purely organic molecules, or may have a metal added like Al or Pt, but they definitely don't have to have REE.

famoso, your call, but you misread my post, which was pointing out that you can't rely upon there being no substitutes for REEs. And you are imagining things if you think I said REE isn't being used or phased out.

My main point was that there aren't enough REE available for some of the applications being promoted as needing REEs, such as the mass market motors and batteries for electric cars, so that cheaper alternatives will be found, even if they are less efficient.

My knowledge of REE may be better than yours, famoso, having been in and out of LYC since 2005.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.04
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.580B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.12 $7.27 $7.04 $30.56M 4.289M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.06 5575 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.