BIS 5.58% $4.73 bisalloy steel group limited

report reaction, page-3

1. 9,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    First as posted many times,i could never fully understand my own financials when i was in business many years ago.
    So taking that into account,first my initial concern is the increase of cost of goods relative to the increase in revenue and compared to 2016.
    Is energy having a material effect ie bis is on contracts ,when is energy contract due to roll over or has it rolled over ie contracts can last for many years.
    Secondly the AUD (ie .75 to .80 approx) appears to have had a material effect ie indonesia provide good revenue but in AUD's,also by memory bis uses some imported steel (greenfeed) for particular products again purchased in AUD's.
    I will b sending a text to confirm if energy is having a material effect ie like bluescope .
    Having said above,although i'm sure there is pressure on bis to provide reasonable pricing on defence contracts i'm sure the govt and prime contractors understand the serious issue australian business is facing regarding govt energy policy state/federal.
    And clearly the strength of AUD will effect future exports,i suspect the AUD will drop back to .75 if the stupid rba keeps their mouths shut..

Having said above bis 2h eps is .034 cents,i c no reason that is at least very sustainable each half especially taking into account approx 50% increase fy2018 guidance of $8 to $8.5m ebitda which i feel so far market is ignoring.
    Due to forecast it will b interesting to c what bis does with div in 1h and 2h 2018 plus any capital management regarding fc's..
    Scapler,interesting to note bis made it clear it was dealing with all potential prime contractors.

In short,imo the market is completely ignoring the massive govt contracts,fy2018 guidance,the mention again of starting a 3rd shift,bis confirming they expect to making positive announcements by xmas ie i suspect dcns sub agreement similar rheinmettall.
    Just my thoughts and to repeat i have always had serious issues with financials.
    ps there is a poster i would ask for some financial analysis but imo its a bit early.
    More than happy to read more informed financial analysis.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.73
Change
0.250(5.58%)
Mkt cap ! $225.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.53 $4.74 $4.53 $663.7K 142.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 260 $4.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.73 4998 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.