CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

"I wonder why jb stepped down?"Well here it is:Perth Glory...

1. 1,229 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    "I wonder why jb stepped down?"

Well here it is:

Perth Glory Football Club has announced the appointment of Jason Brewer as their new Chief Executive Officer.

Brewer, who has a strong business and football background, as well as degrees in both mine engineering and law, said; “I’ve been handed a great opportunity to build on the fantastic momentum that has been established by the club over the last five or six months.”

“With (Head Coach) Alistair Edwards at the helm, I really see an opportunity to bring the glory days back.

“The foundations have been built and now I really want to take the club forward.

“We’re building a team and I think people need to recognise that.”

Brewer also noted that the support of football in the West is growing, in a market which is traditionally dominated by the AFL “We are going to compete on the field this season and hopefully if we get the results early on, the great supporter base we have here in Perth will really get behind the team.”

Brewer went on to identify strengthening the club’s relationship with FootballWest and ensuring greater engagement with its supporters as two of his main objectives.

“I’ve worked with FootballWest in previous positions,” he said, “and I think the alignment of Glory and FootballWest is critical to the success of the game in this state.”

Brewer also believes that in order to be drawing bigger crowds each week there is a greater need to focus on fan engagement and match dya management, in a stadium which has been upgraded recently.

“We need to re-engage with fans and get them back to what is now a fantastic stadium following the redevelopments that were completed last season.

“We’ve got some great people here who are passionate about the club and love what they’re doing.

“And at a personal level, I just want to get to put my head down, get to work and deliver for this great club.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.