STO 0.13% $7.99 santos limited

Report, page-6

1. 9,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 801
    look for $20 brokerage selling some you can have whatever dividend % or fixed value you want . Many US stocks don't pay divs as an example. Unless a div is tax advantaged I like to time when I take the income . Yes a different way of thinking perhaps but I don't want my stock choices skewed by pointless dividends and returns as we have all seen companies pay too much out in wrong part of cycle and in smaller scale companies at other parts of cycle struggle to finance or refinance .

What is the point of taking a div , paying tax on it , an putting in bank to earn 5% and pay tax on interest when it can stay in company and be leveraged to success of company? . Yes if you need $ to live it is different but as above spend $20 in brokerage and when you need living $ sell some meanwhile company has retained earnings and hopefully a better IRR on the $.

I think the PNG sell down $ will be retained to ensure the "vehicle " they have the shares segregated in has funding to pay all the outgoings attached to full sell down share share being part of loan attached etc. I think only when that transaction is complete that those funds will be available for distribution. Just guessing .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.99
Change
-0.010(0.13%)
Mkt cap ! $25.94B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.94 $7.99 $7.91 $57.52M 7.230M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 43873 $7.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.99 1829 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.