AVV aav limited

Yes, I believe that the second half will be better than the...

1. 22,691 Posts.
    Yes, I believe that the second half will be better than the 60/40 ratio.

There has been and still is reorganisation taking place and economies being achieved. The Staging Division's benefits will show more with time.

Here was my guided forecast:

Subject re: + + data and comment + +
    Posted 13/05/04 17:06 - 123 reads
    Posted by stolwyk
    Post #291619 - in reply to msg. #291451

Guided profit forecast for the Dec. 31, 2004 year.

1. Last year's data.

Profit was $10.96 mill; weighted shares used in calculation of E/S: 65.1 mill (See Annual Report). E/S: 16.8 and based on the current price of $2.09, the retrospective P/E was: 12.4.

2. Last year, the number of shares were increased and are now 82.1 mill., say 82.5 for the current year's calculation. Current price: $2.09.

I consider that any profit increase will be from 4 sources:
    1. Current resources.

2. Expansion. On 31 Dec., AVV had $27.3 mill cash and that would have increased since. They are not new to suitable takeovers.

3. Reorganisation and Relocation resulting in savings: this is to continue arising from the SC acquisition.

4. Tax losses.

Assuming that we have a reasonable economy, we may expect a 45% rise in earnings to $15.89 mill or E/S= 19.26 cents with a P/E of 10.85, say 11.

As to dividends, last year's dividend was 6.5 cents; possibly 8.5 cents this year?

Gerry
    Readers, please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks.

I think I'll stick with this one for the time being unless they make a suitable takeover soon.

From AimForSimon:

"Oh and just as a side here are consensus earnings from Reuters:

FY04 (dec) 23 cents PER 10.9x

(FY04 was guided by company as part of cap raising when they bought Staging which they just announced tonight all divisions are ahead of budget based on the capital raising so I think your maths may be wrong)

FY05 27 cents PER 9.3x
    FY06 30 cents PER 8.4x

Comment:
    So, the consensus is 23 cents against my 19.3 cents. I'll wait and see how events develop. Based on the current $2.55 share price and the 19.3 cents, the guided prospective P/E is 13.2.

Gerry
    Readers, please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.