LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Woodside's retreat on Browse shows that market demand certainty...

1. 106 Posts.
    Woodside's retreat on Browse shows that market demand certainty is a big issue and the demand projections swinging from 70-100tonnes of unsold LNG in the global built and under-construction capacity is not approvable. If they wait until demand certainty returns, one thing to note is at least they will not be competing against themselves on pricing in what has become a defacto big-boy LNG cartel. By canning this project, they will allow certainty to return earlier, but that will unlikely be visible until the building window has tightened, hence pricing increases will return to fill the coffers of the incumbents. You can certainly see this playing out in the LNG world with far greater definition than in the broader O&G industry where project approvals still require more certainty than a market projection from respected analyst sources. I bought some shares today to sell on the back of a FERC approval. I'm not convinced the long-term holding position is a grand idea but I hope and think FERC will come in a make me some returns.
    Last edited by evilweed: 24/03/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.