PAR 3.06% 23.8¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

Repurposed drugs - a surging business model?

1. 23 Posts.
    One of the main reasons I have backed PAR has been their drug repurposing strategy and how it reduces risk in what is a high-risk high-reward sector to invest in.

I imagine a lot of investors on this forum have this as a one of the reasons they have also decided to invest in PAR.

Given that, I also imagine we are a group of investors that have affinity to that business model.

I am not sure how to avoid an open slather cross promotion discussion but I am genuinely interested in hearing about other ASX that have had this as a CORE business strategy.

To get the ball rolling I know of
    Invex Thera (ASX:IXC) who are repurposing Exanatide to treat elevated intracranial pressure and has been granted Orphan Drug Designation by FDA and EMA. They have just passed Phase II so are PAR circa June 2017 as far as timeline is concerned.

Same with Race Oncology (ASX:RAC) who are repurposing Bisantrene as cancer chemotherapy. They too have just passed Phase 2 and have orphan designation as well.

I'd love to hear if there are any others.

But let's have a rule that once a co has been shared or listed that we don't then go into the why and why nots of investing in it. This isn't meant to be cross promotion. I am genuinely interested in hearing how prevalent this repurposing strategy is in the Aus bio scene specifically and who the players are.

For the record I have holdings in PAR, RAC and IXC and am not giving advice. DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.8¢
Change
-0.008(3.06%)
Mkt cap ! $89.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.0¢ 26.0¢ 23.8¢ $86.79K 347.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 140432 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 31567 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.53pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.0¢
  Change
-0.008 ( 4.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.0¢ 26.0¢ 23.0¢ 305309
Last updated 13.11pm 06/05/2024 ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.