SLX 3.85% $4.50 silex systems limited

Angus not sure if it is related to Solar? Perhaps the new CEO of...

1. 20,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1791
    Angus not sure if it is related to Solar?
    Perhaps the new CEO of GLE being appointed made some difference? does that mean something?

Or it may be because of the recent announcement by Silex Solar that they will give a discount to existing shareholders on any panels bought in a specified timeframe? we all know electricity prices are going through the roof, I know I will certainly be considering the offer, the only problem I have is that I may be missing out on a far better and more efficient panel that will be coming in the near future?

Coincidentally I see that Suntech has also risen sharply recently, is there something in play here we aren't seeing just yet, is there some connection here with Silex?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-02/suntech-power-rises-most-in-seven-weeks-after-upgrade-at-auriga.html?cmpid=yhoo

Suntech Power Rises Most in Seven Weeks After Upgrade at Auriga
    By Christopher Martin - Dec 2, 2010 12:11 PM PT

Suntech Power Holdings Co., China?s largest solar panel maker, climbed the most in seven weeks after the shares were upgraded to ?buy? from ?hold? at Auriga USA.

Suntech gained 56 cents, or 7.6 percent, to $7.90 at 3:08 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. Earlier, the shares rose as much as 7.8 percent, the biggest intraday increase since Oct. 11. The stock had dropped 56 percent this year through yesterday.

?With limited downside and positive company-specific catalysts forthcoming, we recommend longer-term oriented investors build positions at these levels,? Mark Bachman, an analyst at Auriga in New York, said in a note to clients. He raised his price target to $11 from $9 ahead of the Suntech?s planned analyst presentation on Dec. 6.

The Wuxi, China-based company last month said it would buy the 70 percent stake it does not already own in a 375-megawatt solar wafer plant in China from a unit of Glory Silicon Technology Investments (Hong Kong) Ltd. for about $127 million.

?Management feels it can achieve more improvement in wafer costs from the Glory Silicon acquisition,? Bachman said. ?The implied wafer processing cost puts it in-line with other leading manufacturers.?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.50
Change
-0.180(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $1.067B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.80 $4.80 $4.50 $1.778M 386.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 37322 $4.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.51 3008 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.