RES 0.00% $4.61 resource generation limited

RES and the modest 1 2, page-13

1. 7,054 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    IMO a veritable tsunami of shares will hit the market on news regarding finance thus thwarting any rise in the SP. Most will take the opportunity to sell and avoid being left holding the baby!!!

P.S. I think we'll be lucky to see a sustained SP higher than 20c before RES are cash flow positive, which may not happen until 3-4 years post production.

Sorry folks, but I have lost my faith in all things coal & RES.

Have a read of the following article.
    http://reneweconomy.com.au/2015/chinas-declining-coal-dependence-evident-data-25237

"IEEFA stands by its forecast that global coal markets will mirror Chinese coal markets and that peak demand for coal will occur by 2016 globally, with a structural decline thereafter. These trends, combined with recent changes in currency markets and continued oversupply as new mines are pushed online, indicate that stranded assets associated with proposed greenfield coal-export mines and related infrastructure development remain an especially acute financial risk."

Whilst it's certainly not all doom and gloom, the writing has been on the wall for some time. Yeah, yeah of course coal will always play a role in global electricity production, albeit in a reducing capacity. If the IEEFA are correct and peak coal is just around the corner, will there even be a need for RES to develop Boikarabelo?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RES (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.