RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

Resapp - a sceptic's view.

1. 98 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I'm sure you've all been encouraged by the recent peadiatric trial results and the company's communications regarding the FDA process. Bu it's always interesting to hear the other side of the argument; below is a link to a well-known blog that covers biomedical stocks listed on the ASX. Before you have a look, I'd ask you to not participate in the comments section of the linked blog. Really, don't do it.

do not advertise external blogs/2015/08/25/wazzup-resapp/

There's a couple of points he raises against RAP some of which don't appear to be valid and others of which I'm not too sure.

For example, he says that there are other apps/devices which already do what resapp does and that you can find these in the apple of android app stores. I had a look in both but couldn't find anything.  The only other competitor I could find was this: http://www.amta.org.au/articles/Cough.into.your.mobile.phone.for.instant.diagnosis but nothing seems to have come of it since it was developed in 2009.

Another example:

>But what I really don’t like is the articulated “vision” that ResApp will move the needle in the “developing world”. That’s mostly rubbish – and nothing more than a vague hand-waving justification for throwing some big numbers out there. When diagnosing respiratory conditions in the developing world, the most important clinical information is microbiology, and that isn’t going to get delivered by this particular app company.

If anyone's being vague it's him;  "developing world":- what's that supposed to mean? That there's no developing world? There's no reference for his claim that microbiology (ie a sputum sample) is the most important clinical information either.  Also, there must be some merit to what resapp does given the Gates foundation's support.

Anyway, have a read of the blogpost as well as the comments there (but don't participate) and see if you think any of the other claims are unwarranted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.