LMG 2.08% 4.7¢ latrobe magnesium limited

Pippo,You raise a very good point re the 10,000tpa plant. The...

1. 1,816 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    Pippo,
    You raise a very good point re the 10,000tpa plant. The information flow has been strongly focused on the demo plant because there is a top priority to demonstrate that the hydromet process works well at commercial scale. That is not a given(we know it works at laboratory scale) however it's highly probable.

I have not seen a financial plan re the 10,000tpa plant other than there were some statements by DP earlier in the year that the funding for the 10,000tpa was essentially secured. I suspect that it is all contingent on the success of the demo plant and LMG is probably hoping that if the demo plant shows hydromet success that there may be some competitiveness to get into the business of funding stage 2 and stage 3 and answer the question of whether to go beyond 10,000tpa.. We should expect greater clarity in the 4th quarter on the financing and timetable for the 10,000tpa plant.

Not too concerned re soi in the short term, because in the end market cap is market cap and simply divided by number of shares doesn't make the company any wealthier or poorer.. I think it's inevitable that in the longer term there will be a share consolidation - probably a 10:1 or 15:1 to facilitate easier capital raise and reduce administrative overhead.

Once the process is proven with the demo plant I expect the demo plant will continue to operate producing Mg for some income to at least cover its operating costs and to cover the costs of testing different fly ashes as well as Ni slags. DP was asked the question at the AGM re fate of the demo pant but the audio was so bad I could.t hear the response.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.