NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

hi there go easy on me!!!!i have just spent what seems like...

1. 40 Posts.
    hi there go easy on me!!!!

i have just spent what seems like weeks going through all the newsat info over the past 12 months and many posts here

i'm interested in this company because the nbn seems to have money to burn and from what i can see newsat is a possible beneficiary?

it looks to me that this is a fair price to dip my toe into this stock I've also listed some info found that seems to support my current view

I'm only interested in say the last 12 months and what is going on now i have seen many of the posts that seem to have it in for management and lots about cows and Texas i don't trust any director they are all after whats in it for them having said that im sure the current dirs want newsat to become a winner and prove some wrong?

here it is

Defence and major offshore resource projects are providing growth opportunities for Australia's largest independent satellite communications services provider NewSat. By Kevin Naughton Independent Weekly Adelaide

NewSat's rapid growth and the planned launch of its own satellite is making Adelaide a focal point for international satellite communication.

The company opened its doors at the recently upgraded 12-dish teleport facility at Mawson Lakes yesterday.

A rare military approval from the US government has allowed NewSat to develop military work into the Middle East, adding to South Australia's growing reputation as a defence hub. "We really have our hands across the nation and the world," said Adelaide operations manager Bruce Mayberry.

"Our clients include defence networks, the New South Wales Fire Brigade, offshore gas projects and the Mormon Church in the US."

The Adelaide teleport has been expanded to hold extra satellite dishes to receive and send signals to transmit data. The dishes range in size from 2.4 metres to 13 metres.

Using latest generation satellite and Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) technology, NewSat offers high-speed, two-way satellite broadband communication services.

"Using the NSW Fire Brigade as an example, we run 346 of their sites, each with a VSAT terminal that's 1.2 metres wide," Mr Mayberry explained. "Each fire station can transmit or receive around the network which we have linked by fibre network to their Sydney headquarters. "It's a good feeling to know you are contributing to improving the services of such a key organisation."

Another example of the group's diversity is the contract it has with the US-based Mormon Church. The Mormons provide a daily video broadcast service around many parts of the world, but their satellite service is unable to "see into China". "The church sends its video broadcast to our facility here: we upload it and then transmit into China through our satellites," Mr Mayberry said.

Last month NewSat signed contracts to further boost new business revenues, including a contract to provide voice and data communications on an offshore gas project, worth more than $1 million dollars annualised, and a three-year contract with an unnamed Defence Force contractor for satellite communications worth approximately $1 million dollars annualised.

The two new contracts follow on from a successful six months where NewSat increased contracted new business revenues by approximately 20 per cent against the corresponding period and shifted an EBITDA loss to an EBITDA profit.

NewSat's vice-president planning and development Mike Kenneally returned to Adelaide 18 months ago to take charge of the company's plans to launch its own satellite. with the working name Jabiru 1. The project this year moved from the research stage into a bona fide viable program with an announced start date for build and launch of Jabiru 1 targeted for June 30 this year.

"This will give us market advantage and flexibility that takes us into an exciting area," Mr Kenneally said.

"At the moment we buy `space time' from satellite owners and we then sell that as a wholesaler, matching it with our own earth station infrastructure to provide communications services.

"Owning the earth station equipment is a big advantage for us as many retailers of communications services don't have the financial capacity to build that from scratch.

`By expanding our infrastructure to include a satellite, we complete the set and have greater control over what markets we concentrate on.

"If you own the satellite you can design it so the transponders and steerable antennae are pointing to where you can use it.

"NewSat would become an integrated satellite communications group, with control over the supply chain.

"It gives you maximum access for 100 per cent of the time."

Those who drive past NewSat's Mawson Lakes premises wouldn't be aware of the sensitivity of the activities within.

Ideally positioned geographically and politically, NewSat's equipment is used to service military positions in the Middle East. "Those satellite services used to be based in Hong Kong, but that has changed over time and Adelaide has the double advantage of political stability and clear blue skies," Mr Kenneally said.

"We are now one of very few companies to have approved gateway status with the military. "We also provide services to the government of Iraq."

The services relate to infrastructure requirements and the operations of companies supplying troop installations in the Middle East.

Mr Kenneally said the turnaround in the company's growth has ridden off the back of the national resources boom, and planned expansions and satellite projects had the potential to make South Australia the focal point for satellite communications. "The last three years has seen a major expansion in our work with mining, oil and gas offshore platforms." Financially, the company has made itself debt-free to set a foundation for expansion.

NewSat CEO Adrian Ballintine stated in the company's half-year results: "This continued turnaround in earnings demonstrates the NewSat business model reaching a critical mass where each dollar of new revenue generates an average of 30per cent EBITDA for the businesses bottom line. "The business continues to leverage both the infrastructure and engineering at its Perth and Adelaide teleports and global sales resources to win high-grade corporate contracts across the oil, mining, gas and military markets domestically and internationally.

http://www.newsat.com/News/adelaide-dishes-it-up.html

I say "buy" may be wrong, will wait to see what others say first :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.