AVA 0.00% 12.8¢ ava risk group limited

Research on Aura IQ

1. 895 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Did a bunch more research today on Aura IQ because I have an overly heavy position in AVA and nothing better to do.
    My objective was to figure out what really happened during the development of Aura IQ and why this thing has been delayed for so long. I have some interesting findings that I want to share with you guys because I'm a friendly and constructive user of this forum.

So based on a Mining 3 report I found, the development of Aura IQ has four phases so far. The first three ones are:
    Phase 1: Feasibility demonstration
    Phase 2: Demonstrate proof of concept on site
    Phase 3: Improve the classifier of the system.

After the first three phases, Mining 3 received many feedbacks from the industry. The industry really wanted Aura IQ to be a near-real-time system and made it very clear that this feature would add significant commercial value to the system. So the main focus of Phase 4 was to optimize the system and enable it to run continuously.

Phase 4 was planned to take a year, starting from Dec. 2019. From the management's perspective, they would have a system that satisfied all the industry's commercial need by the end of 2020. That's probably why they were extremely confident of having their first Aura IQ deal in 2021.

Then the COVID hit. The lock down delayed the testing and made certain parts hard to be accessed, which slowed down phase 4 by 4 months. After that, the lead scientist stepped down and paused the project for 3 months until they found a replacement. Eventually, Mining 3 concluded phase 4 in Jul. 2021.

According to the same report, phase 4 was quite a sucess and the feedback from the industry, as I quote, "positive and informative" and they've been conducting further development to handle customers' unique features. The fire detection system integration is probably on of those unique features.

Another thing I found interesting was Strata Worldwide anounced their partnership with AVA about the same time when they were running field test for phase 4. I think it is a strong indicator of the sucess of phase 4.

My conclusion is, after the completion of phase 4 in mid 2021, Aura IQ became a completed product that was finaly ready to be deployed to the market. in the past 12 months, the company was probably being busy satisfying all the specific requests from each client. It's very hard to estimate when the clients will be absolutly satisfied but my guess is a good deal from the mining industry should be around the corner.

I do have some concern about the IP ownership. It looks like all the core AI algorithm related patents are owned by Mining 3 because they mentioned at the end of the report that they planned to use the same algorithm on other applications. FFT is more like a sensor suppliers to get raw data. I don't know the details of the agreement between FFT and Mining 3 but it does look like FFT could be replced with other sensors. Even if Aura IQ did become a huge sucess, we should still keep our eyes open.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $36.92M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.8¢ 12.8¢ 12.8¢ $1.597K 12.52K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 757268 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 243201 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.36pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.96 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.8¢ 13.0¢ 12.5¢ 82979
Last updated 13.33pm 17/05/2024 ?
AVA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.