SRL 2.38% 41.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Mr. Tim Kindred is Operations Director at Sunrise and hence will...

1. 4,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 783
    Mr. Tim Kindred is Operations Director at Sunrise and hence will have an important impact on the
    results obtained at the Sunrise plant.

From his resume, we have someone who is very, very well qualified for the job.

First he has a degree in chemical engineering. This is particularly suited to the nature of
    the Clean Teq extraction process.

Second he has been director of operations at Ambatovy. I looked a little at Ambatovy when another poster and I were lobbing mortars at each other on nickel C1 costs, and though I am an amateur I declared that Ambatovy was clearly a logistical nightmare and design monstrosity, which statement I remain fairly confident about, and that when operational CLQ would run circles around Ambatovy on C1 costs.

So I was delighted to hear that Mr. Kindred, who had to deal with Ambatovy's ungainly gargantuan physical plant and get nickel out of it, was selected as the Operations Director at Sunrise. And I was especially delighted for Mrs. Kindred, who will be able to return to civilization and have a much easier time shopping that she did in Madagascar.
    It is likely she is happier with the move than Tim or Sam Riggall.

Anyway back to Tim's qualifications: prior to Ambatovy, Tim was Project Director at Vale's Long Harbor and Voisey's Bay expansion. Prior to that he had roles at Cawse and Goro (although the CLQ announcement did not specifiy the level of responsibility.)

So basically we have someone with deep and heavy experience running a top nickel mine in a third-world country, plus previous experience in 3 or 4 other nickel mines, who has a degree in chemical engineering.

Whatever operational problems at Sunrise, if Kindred can't solve them, then we have a real problem.
    Last edited by sallywoofs: 24/04/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $36.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.0¢ 44.5¢ 40.0¢ $6.307K 15.04K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 14279 36.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.0¢ 526 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.