PAR 3.77% 25.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

research reports and media, page-1590

1. 4,252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6735
    Hmm well first you need to subclassify Pentosan into its different formats, eg Pill, topical and SubQ. (iPPS).
    As far as the pill format goes there are no official generics, Elmiron (supplied by Bene is the only one)...they have been off patent since 2010 - no competition, globally.

Yes I too have heard of generics in terms of the injectable and it's mainly in the veterinary industry.

We've kinda discussed this before (even Paul has in a couple of interviews/presentations) but there is very less chance of a generic simply appearing specially in any highly regulated countries such as USA/Canada/Most of Europe etc. Is there a chance you will get someone that comes up with a close copy further down the track and try and ride our coattails specially in other countries? Most likely yes...but there is going to be quite a risk in my opinion of hit and miss results. Certainly there is very little chance of them being able to spread to any real degree in these established markets.

Its pretty difficult to do a comprehensive analysis of many generic potential suppliers but there are some examples eg:

Leap Chem Co., Ltd

Company type:Bulk and laboratory supplier
    LEAPChem, a specialized fine chemicals supplier for research, development and production. Leap Chem Co., Ltd is supplier for Sodium xylan polysulfate. LEAPChem provides nearly 50,000 rare and innovative chemical products to support the evolving needs of our customers in research & bulk manufacturing activities. We are supplier of3,5-Cyclohexadiene-1,2-dione, 3,4,6-trimethyl-5-[2-(methylamino)ethyl]-. As a highly customer-oriented enterprise, we are committed to providing high-quality customer services and products to our global customers in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Our client list includes many m ...

As far as a list of possible suppliers I have a few on the list by no means comprehensive and I have no idea how legit any of them are and who and what they exactly supply but you might be able to look them up and get some more info if you want to follow it at all:

Swati Pharma - India

Suanfarma - Spain

CF Pharma - Hungry

Alembic Pharma - India

Molclone - India

Apicore - USA

GVK Bio - India

Parabolic - India

The above say they have a capability to supply Pentosan. Exactly what that means, how good it is, what it is used for (research/vet industry/trial and error/random exploration/backyard operation) is anyone's guess!

Now don't get too worried as the FDA have clearly stated to us that the PPS that Bene use is the only one that can be used and is FDA approved.

Unless you have a mass spectrometer lying about and or a chemotrography unit, there is no way of knowing just how close these guy's products are going to be to the real thing, there are blogs I've come across from mainly Vets warning of the effects some generics can have at least in terms of the effects on horses and dogs, the price is like 1/3 and the quality and chances of probably not getting AE's is even less.

If you can afford to run/own a horse I think you wouldnt skimp on such an important drug! My thoughts of course. It's even more of an issue when we talk humans, right?

DYOR

Last edited by Mozzarc: 13/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.5¢
Change
-0.010(3.77%)
Mkt cap ! $89.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.0¢ 25.5¢ $162.7K 620.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25008 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 34768 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.