PAR 0.00% 25.0¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

research reports and media, page-4057

1. 4,137 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6621

Jcurve, you beauty!

Thanks for publishing these at HC every now and again. I looked this one up and can't help myself...Mozz Mini Post:

CUTANEOUS PSORIASIS

WHAT IS IT?

Cutaneous simply means 'Relating to the skin', so yes, SubCutaneous means just under the skin, ie our route of administration.

Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes a rash with itchy, scaly patches.

"Psoriasis is a common, long-term (chronic) disease with no cure. It can be painful, interfere with sleep and make it hard to concentrate. The condition tends to go through cycles, flaring for a few weeks or months, then subsiding for a while. Common triggers in people with a genetic predisposition to psoriasis include infections, cuts or burns, and certain medications.Treatments are available to help you manage symptoms. And you can try lifestyle habits and coping strategies to help you live better with psoriasis". 1

Example:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6070/6070231-e5f3d25392242396a7bcdcf965fe9d0a.jpg

HOW MANY?

Some 125 million have it, around 2 to 3% of the population, of course don't forget there will be overlap here with OA...so it's not all incremental on our current TAM. Nevertheless there will be some that don't have OA but have this. As we saw in the last section, there is no cure. Only alleviation of symptoms.

Some of the creams aren't great, they might work to alleviate symptoms but they are NSAID class or Steroid class.

CURRENT STD OF CARE

Mainly topical creams are the standard, but watch out for some of these topical steroids though, while most only have mild side effects, there are some nasties out there which can affect different patients in different ways. See Reference 3 for more examples.

iPPS?

Well that's the whole point of this patent. Just read through the bottom two case examples presented in the patent. I will reproduce them here, they are quite a read indeed:

EXAMPLE 1

Patient JC, a female around 61 years of age, presented for management of knee arthritis in January of 2018. She was treated with pentosan polysulfate in June of 2018. The treatment regimen consisted of administration of PPS, at a preferred dose of 2 mg/kg of bodyweight, twice per week for 6 weeks by subcutaneous injections (total of 12 injections).

At that time she had cutaneous psoriasis involving the scalp and face. This had been chronic and unrelenting despite other therapies. She would use her hair to cover the unsightly and pruritic rash on her forehead. At that time she was not taking any other medication for her psoriasis.

JC reported post treatment with pentosan poly sulfate that the scalp and face psoriasis resolved and that this had not happened with other previous treatments. There was no obvious psoriasis and this initial report was 4 months post administration of the pentosan polysulfate.

To mid-2023 she reported sustained relief of symptoms of psoriasis.

Mozz note: Read that again if you have to, but when you read it, remember in the definition section it stated that it usually waxes and wanes, ie symptoms may reduce but usually comes back...this patient (JC) hasn't seen the symptoms SINCE 2018 ! This is an example hardly anyone knows about...seriously, we on HC are a small group that know what IPPS is really capable of. This will not be the situation forever.

EXAMPLE 2

Patient AD, a male around 71 years of age, presented for management of osteoarthritis of both knees. His initial consultation was on Jan 18, 2018.

His past history includes chronic cutaneous psoriasis that involves the torso and limbs. Psoriasis has been poorly responsive to multiple different therapies.

He had diffuse psoriatic rash at the time of my initial consultation manifest as a red scaling rash.

His medications were naproxen, omeprazole and aspirin.

AD underwent treatment with pentosan poly sulfate by twice weekly subcutaneous injections at a dose of 2 mg per kg for a total of 6 weeks for osteoarthritis.

At post treatment review in May of 2018 AD reported that his psoriasis had significantly improved both in extent and symptoms. The improvement endured for a period of approximately six months and, afterwards, his psoriasis only came back mildly. His psoriasis is normally unrelenting.

Mozz Note: Even if our ol' iPPS can't necessarily CURE Psoriasis, the symptom alleviation that MAY happen for a good amount of people that try it will be astounding (my views, subject to data/clinical trials/further testing at scale). To be able to try something SAFE and to have no downside even if it doesn't work is quite extraordinary.

--------

How about that for a read? The theory is amazing..the way iPPS works is incredible but the patient stories are the magnificent part. The thing that gets me through these more boring quiet times is the fact that I can read, research and reflect.

Our potential Label broadens....well, one day.

This needs to go into our dossier to be presented to Middle and BIG Pharma...Whoever eventually partners with us is going to make a motzer. (Mozz-Star?)

Of course my opinions stated, always need to DYOR.

- Mozz

Reference

1) https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2024050599&_cid=P10-LUFAK4-47406-1
    2) https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/psoriasis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355840
    3) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4228634/
    Last edited by Mozzarc: 31/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $87.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 25.5¢ 24.5¢ $91.79K 370.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 30171 25.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 6164 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.0¢ 25.0¢ 24.5¢ 21862
Last updated 14.29pm 05/06/2024 ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.