CBR 0.00% 13.5¢ carbon revolution limited

Research reports and Media, page-2

1. 323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Thanks for that, here's my key takeaway:

To date, the issues that have plagued the company have not been due to their execution on production, their ability to manufacture wheels or end-customer demand, but rather the transitory impact of the pandemic on an early-stage company and the resulting variability of OEM purchase orders and supply chain uncertainty.

We highlight that the only commercially viable competitor was Thyssenkrupp, whose maximum capacity of ~30,000 wheels across motorcycle and passenger vehicles, has had limited success in passenger vehicles due to their relatively slow production methods.

CBR currently has a capacity of ~70,000 and with the megaline is ramping up to 150K. I recall one of the CBR execs saying in an investor call a few months ago that Thyssenkrupp is now exiting this space to focus on their core business, bike wheels. CBR's moat and first-mover advantage is well and truly intact. Mass-producing carbon fiber wheels is not easy, and so far only one company in the world is capable of doing it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.