LYC 0.71% $6.42 lynas rare earths limited

research, page-18

1. 678 Posts.
    Hi oneforthe

Nice dot points. How is the new resort coming along across from the LAMP?

Re: Julia's comments and the outrage from the article below in its full, btw no picture of Chinese workings in a wasteland present on the article in question? Thought I would let you know that if you had not seen the article.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=594203

My rant, I do not see anything here that is not already known by us in this forum except for the last couple of points possibly?

1. We already know that the pre-approvals have been cancelled or put on hold for now till the report comes out? So what is newsworthy in that please?

2. I believe the Director General making a statement to the world that its not going to be approved even if the report is favourable without waste management strategies is not new? I believe the report will be dealing with those issues? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that what the IAEA group of experts checking out at LAMP, the WMS that Lynas has put in place? So if those WMS are safe what's the issue? Or should the WMS need some further upgrading this is NOT A LONG TERM DELAY?

3. "Complying to all operational regulations, safety requirements and security measures is the top priority of AELB when approving licences", well to parrot phrase, of course 'it is vital to adhere to'. I mean seriously, this Project has been gone over with a fine toothcomb, and they have learned so much from the other disaster and I am sure that would have been paramount in the minds of the Malaysian Government before even considering this project. Do you honestly think they the Malaysian Government and its agencies are stupid? I am seriously shaking my head here going through this Journalist story. More of a 'Drama Green' than the 'Drama Greens' its reading so far.

4. Then it goes on to say "Lynas claims they are very confident that it has met all requirements". Well silly Journo writing this story, of course they have. The Malaysian Govt set out a stack of rules, regs and by laws and charters and what ever else that Lynas had to meet to build the LAMP.

Further - "They are in the midst of preparing long term waste management strategies", ok all this was said AFTER FOLKS he delivered his talk on 'awareness and understanding of various issues and technical aspects of the plant here'. OK so the LYC is in the midst of preparing a long term waste management strategies"?. Well???

5. Well the point is near the end, two licences have been granted already so they know how to build the facility. The crunch point is this -

"The AELB has been directed to hold back any consideration for the pre-operations licence to Lynas until findings of the expert panel is made known." Ok Folks, what this tells me is that the Honourable Director was directed to hold off giving approvals. A higher authority up the food chain directed this, he did not order it. The Journo reporting this story has really done a very poor job reporting it objectively. It appears from my reading that the Journo has gone into this with a pre-set opinion and has reported only excepts of sentences with subjective innuendo.

6. What is really amazing is that the Journo of this article alleged 'Adul Aziz said that in terms of radiology, there was none, except for chemical scenarios'. Well the Journo actually did not quote Mr Adul Aziz as actually saying this, the Journo simply implies he said it. Hmm Professional Journo?

7. To me this article just sounds as if it is someone trying to make a name for themselves, and getting a few lynasheads arched up and sadly a few people going over the top.

8. What I find simply amazing here is this. No one is focusing on the Malyasian Govt. The Malaysian Govt set all the conditions for this project, and I am sure Mr Adul Aziz was invovled in it with his Agency the AELB setting out conditions, and monitoring the construction etc of the LAMP.

The comments he is alleged to have said, and I must emphasise ALLEDGED HERE FOLKS, because this Journo did a very poor job reporting on this story, suggest that its not going to get approved, even if the plant is safe? he Mr Adul Aziz is bringing the entire game down to one point, and maybe he is leaking this to the press in the left or right field so to speak, "WMS" not WMD, but "Waste Management Strategies".

My question is has the AELB made a stuff up somewhere and are trying to cover their lax monitoring and planning the plant "btw they the AELB already agreed to the LAMPS WMS"? I think the comments if they are true by the Honourable Director General of the AELB implying this project might not get the go ahead is a little bit more than precocious (exceptionally so, and especially in aptitude) in pre empting the IAEA his peers.

If this project does not get the Green Light then what does it say about the Malaysian Govt? the Malaysian AELB whose direction this entire project has been under the auspices of? Hmmm

Maybe someone with more knowledge might like to enlighten me please? I mean that, because I don't know if I am missing something here.

I am rather annoyed that the post by Julia has been allowed to stay up because the use of the picture is fake to the article. I do not know if anyone has noticed that Ladies and Gentlemen of the Lynashead Corp on HC?

Thanks have a great trade tomorrow, and make peace with your bank manager before you go to bed at night, you never know you might need him/her in the morning.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.42
Change
0.045(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $6.005B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.40 $7.209M 1.122M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 18555 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 15895 62
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.