LYC 2.90% $6.37 lynas rare earths limited

The offer to fund waste management R&D in deal for licence was...

1. 872 Posts.
    The offer to fund waste management R&D in deal for licence was not very smart IMO. More important this has led to some very serious protests among the people in Malaysia, not just a bunch of fanatic greens BTW. They simply don't want LAMP in their country. Some fears are irrational, but some are not!

Yes Julia you are correct,to do the above would incite the people.
    Luckily LYC didnt do that.
    You see the R&D is an internal operation by LYC centred around the Gypsum,and the (other 25%..can hardly wait to get to answer that one).
    What LYC actually did was to set up a Contingency fund with the GOV...ie should the waste ever need anything after LYC ceased operations there..A fund would be ready..well to Fund any costs..no R&D at all.Removal costs if need be.

SOLID WASTE
    Q: did you want to say, that the 75% contain no toxic substances?
    25% of 230.000 tons of waste are still 57.500 tons of radioactive waste.
    CORRECT again.
    Q1..radioactivity..would you agree starts at level 1 and goes up to ..pick a no..1000.?!!!
    From really,very,very very safe..to..you have 10 mins to live.
    The bitumin you walk on is only very safe..5 times the radioactivity level of the LYC waste (1600ppm)
    Cigarette smoking...not safe..much higher level,and now Mobile phones under the microscope.
    Bukit was 80,000 ppm +
    Well the 57,500 T is only 2 verys safe..very very.
    Because thats the case,it can be used commercially.So the 25% is highly unlikely to end up as waste at all.Until commercially sold,it will be stored in an area ok,d by AELB,etc etc.
    LYC said..No..we are taking a further step..and have specifically engineered extra safety storage tanks.

WASTE WATER
    a "pristine state"? you must be joking. This is NOT possible!

Instead of reading journo. reports i spoke directly with LYC on this Waste water issue..(amongst other issues).
    Are you ready to gasp ???
    Its the water that runs through the waste that comes out pristine.
    I asked..so if I saw a glass of water from the River and a glass after being recycled would I see a difference.
    Answer.Pilot tests have already been run..NO you cant tell from the human eye.
    However the chemists compared the impurities with the before and after.In laymans terms,most of the impurities dissolve due to the temperature the water achieves and the remaining sediments are treated during the process.
    Pristine may be a subjective word..but then I once drank from an adverised Pristine snow melted stream,and saw a DEER peeing in it upstream.
    GASEOUS EMISSIONS
    there is still Radon coming out of the small chimney. I wonder, if you know, what that means.
    Correct again.
    I couldnt remember in my earlier post the Life exspectancy of the little buggers oozing out of our small chimney.
    Toly thoughtfully posted..a life span of 56 seconds.
    Just remind yourself when you use words like..radioactivity,emissions,etc...think ..Scale 1-1000.
    Now something that Disintigrates in 56 sec..well you answer that..is that..very,very,very..or just very very..safe..:)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.