LYC 0.86% $6.43 lynas rare earths limited

research, page-34

1. 1,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1924
    Hi Julia...

First of all, being old may just be a good thing... Depending on what you consider being old, age also brings experience and knowledge... That is required when conducting advanced technology endeavors...

Your statement that there are "serious protests among the people in Malaysia'" is once again a subjective statement... The fact according to the Malaysian News Agencies, is that there were no more than 1500 protestors at the latest event and previous "protests" were held at a beach where vacationers had gathered incidentally. While over one thousand roses were handed out, the statistics and motivation of that protest is at best suspect...

OK, you claim that 'They simply don't want LAMP in their country." With all due respect Julia, that is a pretty subjective and ambiguous statment... While you are basing your evaluation on protester rationale, there are many top administration officials in the Malaysian government actively pursuing new industries that represent the latest in technology... These well informed leaders of the country have a very large following as was evidenced by the pro-LAMP demonstration held in concert with the latest IAEC meeting...

I am not going to discuss the licensing issues, these will take care of themselves...

I must admit, your postulation that you can simply divide the 23k tonnes of waste and have a remaining 57 k tonnes of highly radioactive waste is a very interesting view... Julia, while am not a chemical engineer, I am aware that natural radiation, know as background radiation, occurs in just about every natural substance including soil... The amount of radiation can be diluted and mitigated in several different processes... There are acceptable levels of this radiation and standards are in place to ensure these levels are not exceeded... In fact, the levels associated with this project are significantly lower...

With respect to Radon gas, I would suggest you read some of the prior posts' discussing this issue...

"GASEOUS EMISSIONS there is still Radon coming out of the small chimney. I wonder, if you know, what that means"...

Could you please explain you position in detail and the credentials you have to discuss this issue... I am more than willing to listen to your professional opinion as a chemical engineer, industry expert or even just a well informed member of the public that has completed some credible research in this area... At this point it appears you are none of the above...

Julia, having taken part in many major projects I have encountered many environmental activists who make unfounded claims such as yours... In the end, as these projects reach fruition and began operation, most recognized the benefits and were never heard from again... The fact is that many Malaysian citizens are looking forward to LAMP for the technological implications and employment it will mean to the general populations. To substantiate my points here you need to look no further than Prime Minister Najib's latest tweet discussing his global sweep promoting policies that will help make Malaysia a global leader in modern technology... As I said before, you are misinformed but I would like to thank you for you input...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.43
Change
0.055(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $6.005B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.42 $2.102M 326.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 8186 $6.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.43 5351 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.07am 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.