LYC 0.78% $6.42 lynas rare earths limited

onefortheI didn't really want to spark off another TA vs. FA...

1. 72 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    oneforthe

I didn't really want to spark off another TA vs. FA argument, but your post earlier today perfectly demonstrates an FA weakness I simply can't resist commenting on.

First of all, let me just say that you are one of very few fairdinkum researching HC posters and - if you turn around quick enough - you'll see a herd of followers behind you. When you say "in return we supply facts" you are actually promoting the upramping sheep behind you to valued members. Rather then making the observation that my post was devoid of info (which it was) you should have taken a second look at the posters I was responding to first. But I digress...

What I really want to comment on is the fact that doing the legwork may not always get you the result you deserve, especially when you're talking about new mining (or pharmaceutical) companies. For example, new mining companies often are built around a single flagship project, which may or may not 'work out'. An exploration licence (which typically has little environmental impact) is relatively easy to get. Once the exploration licence is in place, the resource is explored and if the results are encouraging the share price goes up. In this frenzy (which may take years) a lot of people forget that mining licences are a lot harder to come by (due to the far more serious environmental impacts of mining a resource) and applications may result in being refused or weighed down with conditions that take the profit out of the project.
    That's just one example and what I'm getting at is this:

Do you really think that you as an individual investor hear about important letters from one agency to the next which may well determine the likely outcome of an application? Do you really think that you are on an even playing field, in other words, and that your research will uncover all the info known to perhaps some other particular powerful players? How naive you must be.

Research is valuable, no doubt about it, but the tone in your posts on this thread is revealing. I have found that very often TA (price action) will give me a warning that - when shared - is completely ignored or even attacked. This is particularly the case with some stocks, like Lynas. At your peril, friends.

Cheers
    Hans

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.42
Change
0.050(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $6.005B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.42 $2.101M 325.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 18874 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.43 12332 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.05am 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.