TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Research, page-1820

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    It is really not helpful to question (should I say denigrate?) the screenshots that some like @shuzain and @TBoner post on this forum (just to mention the most recent ones).

First, they are doing research that many of us are unable or unwilling to do. It takes time and effort that could be spent doing other things.

Second, they have absolutely no reason to mislead, quite the contrary. At times when doubt settles easily regarding where TV2U is heading, it is refreshing to see that some are taking the time to reassure us that serious progress is being made behind the scene, and which will hopefully materialise soon.

Third, having been in that business, it is not helpful to publish the URLs of sites used for testing and staging. These sites are used by developers, test personnel, and customer's personnel to test and validate various aspects and features of the platform that will go into production. They need to do that in a controlled environment, sometimes with a predetermined set of user IDs and test scripts, so that events can be logged, bugs traced, and obviously fixed. Adding a load of uncontrolled traffic could compromise and delay that effort. Furthermore, a staging platform's software and test data are updated almost daily, so any sign-in credentials for example one creates to poke around today will likely be erased tomorrow. To have two or three "outside" persons doing this from time to time is not an issue, but having what could potentially be hundreds of people doing it randomly and daily could disturb the test plan, impact customer testing, and create serious issues. TV2U would then have to spend time controlling this (restrict or deny access, etc.) instead of focusing on the tests and we would lose valuable insight. When it goes into testing on the actual production/live platform then it's a different story.

Just my thoughts!
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.