TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Research, page-2187

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    Hi @shuzain

Something has been bothering me for a while regarding Forjiflix and I could not find a single piece of info to alleviate my concern. I hope you or someone else here has more info that can be shared.

Apart from the TV2U announcements and that article with Ricky Ow from Turner AP, where he references ForjiFlix, there is not a single reference about ForjiFlix anywhere on the web, in Indonesian media, or anywhere else I looked (mostly Asian media). If these companies are doing anything in the OTT domain, the media and their websites would be all over it.

I looked over all PGASCOM's announcements and news since 2016 and there is not one single reference there to TV2U, Smartfren, ForjiFlix or even OTT in general.

I also searched Smartfren's announcements and news since 2016 and there is not one single reference there to TV2U, PGASCOM or ForjiFlix. I searched their 246 page 2017 Annual Report with the same result. If they were launching something as big as a new OTT brand it would be there in bold letters. Not the case. The only references to OTT on their site or in the media are related to deals they are concluding with Netflix and iflix.

As for the domain name, forjiflix.co.id is not registered and is still available. However, forjiflix.com is registered to an entity called Assist Exiqna Persada, which has nothing to do with PGASCOM, Smartfren or TV2U.
    https://who.is/whois/forjiflix.com
    All I could find about this company irrelevant to the OTT project (behind Assist there is a rented office and I believe a guy called Muhamad Anang Zamroni, who is also the operational manager for PT. Netisen Karya Sejahtera, some sort of political organisation).

Last, no one I know in Indonesia heard of ForjiFlix and their inquiries were as successful as mine.

Could TV2U be going it alone in Indonesia and planning some launch under the name ForjiFlix (maybe using Smartfren as the carrier network, but that makes them simply a customer)? That's a crazy crazy thought, but it's the only thing left out there in my opinion. It would put in perspective delays, the mess with equipment delivery, and why no announcement was made re the discussions with Turner (which they may be having).

I really have no idea what to think about that and would appreciate any enlightenment.

Cheers!
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.