TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Hi @rugbysid As a white label, Indosat will not operate its own...

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    Hi @rugbysid

As a white label, Indosat will not operate its own platform (unlike Globo in Brazil who owns and operate its own platform and other major Telcos). It will be using a platform that TV2U operates and which one would expect to be dimensioned to handle the traffic one would expect during a World Cup. The question then is what is the "TV2U's existing technology platform"? Is it what TV2U has at the NTT Data Centre in Cyberjaya, Malaysia or the platform installed at PGASCOM in Indonesia?

I was of the opinion initially that TV2U would capitalise on the PGASCOM platform for a bunch of reasons, including the use of the Indonesian network infrastructure only for performance reasons (no international links). If it's TV2U's own, installed at the NTT Data Centre then TV2U is operating in competition with PGASCOM, who just bought and installed a platform for that very purpose. That would also raise a whole bunch of questions I would rather not get into at this stage.

However, as per my 29 April post, before the announcement that Indosat will be a white label or that the PGASCOM equipment has been delivered, I stated that the only way to meet the June deadline is for TV2U to use its own platform in the interim.

"The only remaining issue is the ordering, delivering and installing of the equipment. I doubt that such equipment has already been ordered or at hand. That could take a long time, unless TV2U figures out an accelerated method or uses its own platform in the interim."

Maybe going with a white label is an interim and expedited solution considering the time constraints and Indosat may still want their own platform at a later stage, with less pressure to get things done properly. Just an opinion.

My comment on 8 March regarding the time it would take to install, test, etc. the platform was based on:
    - an assumption on my part that as at the time this was just an LOI and made no mention of white label, and
    - considering the size of Indosat, they would want their own platform (like Globo and others),
    hence the time it would take to order the equipment, install, test, etc. once a contract has been signed (which also takes time). Obviously the fact that they are going with a white label removes that effort and invalidates my assumption.

Cheers!
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.