TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Since the weekend when someone posted the existing istream page...

1. 1,622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 412
    Since the weekend when someone posted the existing istream page that you can access via the Ooredoo extra website https://extra.ooredoo.qa/en/videos/streaming/istream/, I looked at this potential partnership with Indosat Ooredoo in a different light
    Because I didn’t actually realise that Ooredoo already had istream so essentially it will not be new product..
    That changed my thoughts slightly so I thought I better research further considering I didn’t have the right picture to base my opinion on..

I’m not one for writing really long posts but I’d just like to share my thoughts based on my research , some may already know this info but others may find it useful food for thought...

Ok so one of my main concerns has been World Cup content rights, I thought that this long silence when we were only expecting a few days is due to Indosat not having the rights and trying to secure them before signing the contract with tv2U. This was kind of correct but only the part that indosat don’t have the rights directly.
    The FMA sold the rights to two companies in Indonesia  for the World Cup content rights.

I haven’t managed to find out who the two companies are but I know they have paid an absolute fortune for the rights, their problem is they don’t have the subscription bases to make money let alone get the money back they paid to secure the rights from the FMA.
    So this is where indosat and their 100+million subscribers come in, indosat have a streaming service (Istream) but it’s clunky and not reliable enough to deliver the live WC capably but they have the subscription numbers so what can they do??
    Well it’s lucky that Nick and Bimo both have built relationship with the guys at Indosat going back some time and it’s even luckier that they have the technology to be able to deliver the WC  to a live audience with the added bonus of real time analytics and all of the other bells and whistles the Ivan-X tech offers.

There’s a very big chance that things like this link below were tv2U proving to Indosat that they could deliver the kind of thing that indosat needs and doing it with better technology than what indosat have at their disposal.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....2u-streams-soundboxxx-from-indonesia.amp.html

These Indonesian companies  have paid big money for the WC content rights and they are leaning on indosat and their millions of subscribers to make money from their outlay
    Now this might be hard for some non believers but Indosat Ooredoo are leaning on tv2U to deliver the product because they could not do it adequately with the technology  they had at their disposal with the existing Istream platform.
    Tv2U have proven to Indosat through things like the soundboxxx event that they can provide the streaming platform they need to deliver the WC!
    On top of the WC indosat realise that Ivan-X will be the perfect fit to re vamp and upgrade istream to really develop and grow their streaming Ott business and no better way to show it off by offering the World Cup to wet the customer bases appetites for streaming content and show how well it works!!

They will hopefully download the istream app initially to watch the World Cup and the natural progression will be to keep the app and start watch more content that they offer from that point..

All of the above is my own opinion based on information I’ve gathered.

Lastly, Indosat Ooredoo are the boss here in terms of timeframes and calling the shots , so tv2U’s hands are tied in terms of what they can say and when they can say it because indosat are also a public company, so unfortunately I think our guys would love to have everything ready to inform our market, I think we are unfortunately just going to have set our body clocks to “Indo Time”

Anyway let’s see what happens but I’m fairly confident, I’ve signed up to the service, it looks like it’s ready, I don’t think that the company would constantly be developing and updating just for fun..

Sorry if this information was old information to most, maybe I’m just a bit slow lol...

That’s my posting quota done for a few weeks GLTAH
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.