TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

You are most welcome @AzInAsia You seem to be doing some...

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    You are most welcome @AzInAsia You seem to be doing some interesting research yourself

You are right about Roku, they are somewhat unavoidable now. They are gaining traction in every market, LATAM is definitely the most promising at this stage.
    https://www.fiercecable.com/online-video/roku-extends-presence-canada-latin-america

I don't believe TV2U is competing with Roku. They could however partner with Roku and offer a comprehensive solution as well as benefit from Roku's impressive marketing capabilities and network of companies. That's what Accedo and others are doing. TV2U seems to be going it on its own, with little, if any, marketing capabilities and therefore reach. A company that size cannot be everywhere, partnerships are essential. Most companies operate in one vertical market, but they rely on partnerships to expand.

Roku is not the only one expanding. Take Brazil for example, whatever we think of Claudio Lessa's past performance, he is no longer there and we have no idea who is doing any marketing in Brazil, let alone LATAM. Accedo on the other hand appointed a country manager in 2016, Paloma Santucci, and she has since secured two of their biggest contracts, one with Globo (the largest media company), the other with Vivo/Telefonica (the largest mobile operator). Most importantly she also ensured their successful implementation. She has been promoted in February 2018 and is now covering LATAM and focusing on Mexico and Argentina. TV2U is struggling with a small operator in Amazonia that is still awaiting implementation. Need I say more?
    http://www1.produ.com/noticias/palo...nuestra-experiencia-en-la-region-apoyaremos-e

I can write the same about other companies like Dalet, Anevia, and others.

Personally, I think TV2U should focus on one market (i.e. one country), implement it successfully, and secure solid revenues, then move on to other markets. That is to say focus on Indonesia and forget LATAM for the time being as I don't see them being able to do much there (unless they dedicate credible resources to that market, but how would they pay them?). I also think that TV2U should seek partnership with companies like Roku that can help it grow instead of struggling on its own. All these competitors I mentioned above started their OTT business roughly at the same time as TV2U, look where they are now and look at what they did to get there!

All the best with your research
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.