TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Research, page-591

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    To be honest, I share both the optimism and frustration of everyone posting here

If we were privy to all that happens inside TV2U in a given day, we would be pulling our hair in the morning and jumping from joy in the afternoon, if not every hour. There are the 'this is real life, deal with it' moments, for example shipment delays, customer premises not ready, last minute software bugs that need to be ironed out, and so on. Then there are the 'hallelujahs moments' when a milestone is reached, a new release works perfectly, or more potential subscribers downloading the app. We can skip the more dramatic moments when the coffee machine stops working

As shareholders and being outside the company's 'internal news cycle', we don't see and don't need these hour by hour developments, and that is both a curse and a blessing. I say blessing because I can imagine how some shareholders would react to such 'avalanche' of instant and unmanaged info coming their way! On the other hand, we expect the company to keep us regularly abreast of certain developments and when there are long periods of silence, we will speculate, and as one poster stated earlier 'would love to be a fly on the wall'. That's human nature. As time goes by, based on previous experience, shareholders will speculate, question management seriousness, and above all question their trust in that management and their confidence in their investment.

Trust in the company's management is not a blank check. It is earned and comes with time. That trust is what makes us buy and hold shares, whatever the product. The product can be a gem but with bad management it's value is buried. I am sure we all believe that TV2U's product is a true gem. We have however varying opinions about the management. Some will say they don't communicate enough, others will say they don't communicate well, and some will say they are too distracted by non-core activities, and some may assume they are hiding news because it can only be bad news, or whatever impression we get at a given point in time.

On a personal level, I am not questioning the seriousness of the management at this stage. I believe they are doing the best they can with the resources at their disposal. I would just like them to ramp up their act a bit more.

For those who have access to TV2U's management, I would suggest bringing this point to their attention. There is a difference between 'internal unfiltered news', ASX announcements, and communications with your shareholders (and more broadly with your customers). I certainly don't need or want to know every bit of info floating inside the company. I would expect TV2U to be very formal, rigorous and focused with it's ASX announcements. On the other hand, a regular form of communication with shareholders, fortnightly or monthly, a la memo sent by Nick at 3am but maybe a little bit less dramatic, would have tremendous value. You may not wish to announce to the ASX that you have signed 10,000 new subscribers last week but your customers and shareholders would be thrilled by that sort of information. Don't let your shareholders go hunting for info elsewhere, like what happened after the StackPath tweet, and interpret it in all sorts of ways. Be pro-active and inform them.

Simply put, COMMUNICATE MORE AND BETTER.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.