TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Research, page-805

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    @Compounding I don't believe the quarterly will deliver any good news. It will show a significant cash burn due to the marketing and deployment activities in Brazil and Indonesia (on top of the opex i.e. cost of the day to day run of the mill which was already considered by some as high). It will not show any revenue of substance, if any. That another announcement would be made to reduce the impact of the quarterly is a definite possibility. However, I don't believe it will have any impact whatsoever unless it is related to revenue.

@scorpio60 Calling the company is a good thing in normal times. Usually companies have a communications/PR/investor relations staff that handles such questions. However, considering the size of TV2U's staff and that the majority of TV2U's shares are held by people like us here (incl. private SMSFs), if everyone contacted the company directly to get answers to the many questions we have TV2U would be snowed under and would need additional staff to handle the daily emails and phone calls (or alternatively ignore them). A company like TV2U should be proactive and inform its shareholders on a regular basis, not the other way around.

TV2U is now spending way more money than it is collecting, so unless serious revenue starts streaming in quickly, TV2U would have to raise additional capital to keep it going. That would put a serious dint in the share price, at least short term. They can alternatively cut costs or increase line of credit/borrow from banks but I don't realistically see any of that happening. There are a number of case studies out there like SEN and NWZ/CSK that we can learn from, SEN rocketed after the CR while NWZ/CSK sank. Even dead-in-the-water companies like NWZ/CSK attracted some big investors like Seven West Media, UBS and Blueroom Capital. The reason investors stay with them is that they believe the product has a future and that the company's management is focusing on cutting costs and generating revenue. That TV2U is unable to attract some major investors is a worry in itself and will handicap its operations and share price, at least for a while.

Remember that the general public (incl. private SMSFs) owns almost 75% of TV2U, less than 6.5% are owned by a Perth-based company called Cancun Trading owned by Bret Silvey, and 18.9% owned by Talico Technologies, a Singapore-based company owned by Nick Fitzgerald (Talico owned 25.5% of TV2U in 2016). If capital is to be raised, shareholders may be offered shares at 1 cent or lower. I don't see any major or institutional investor coming to the rescue. For those who remember, we are roughly at the same pivot point TV2U was at before the 2016 CR.

There are other significant issues and alternatives but these are for another discussion. In the meantime, patience is the keyword. Realistically, it will be a while before we see serious and sustained progress on the SP.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.