TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Hi @enviromass I agree with your analysis, with some remarks to...

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    Hi @enviromass I agree with your analysis, with some remarks to add.

First, no one I think advocated for the total removal of Nick. He is not without merit. Despite his mercurial nature, he contributed with vision and drive to the company, designed a good platform, and that is something he should get credit for. What he needs is to accept the fact that he cannot do everything, no matter how brilliant he thinks he is, and start delegating the execution to competent project managers, without interfering in their execution. They should follow through, do proper research and due diligence, set realistic targets, frame what has to be achieved to reach them, and get the job done. Small steps are often better than tall leaps.

Second, you are absolutely right about the level of control Nick has over TV2U, and in my opinion, it is unhealthy for the company. This is why I stated in my earlier post that a nasty takeover would end in a bloodbath. I am not expecting, nor wish, such a takeover to happen. What could happen is an agreement between a major investor and Nick, that would preserve TV2U's integrity, and indeed Nick's interests in it, but separate strategy and vision from execution. Balance things basically. Even if such shareholder does not have a controlling interest, but a significant one, I am sure other shareholders will support such endeavour. Surely Nick realises by now that he will not make it by winging it each time, his reputation is at stake, and his investment in TV2U needs to be protected. He is far from those who start a company, suck out as much money as they can, then dump it and move on to something else.

I am harsh on Nick because he is running the show, apparently on his own. Maybe he is not getting the support he deserves, maybe he doesn't have the right people, maybe, maybe, maybe... I am not even going to go anywhere near suggesting what to do internally because I am not there, have no clue what is cooking inside, and would not venture gratuitous advice. I do see however that things are not progressing as they should and that blunders and delays are happening. As CEO, that's Nick's responsibility to fix. Part of what has to be fixed as well is Nick's ability to delegate to effective managers. There is no shame in admitting that you excel in one domain but not another. These are my observations and I am more than happy to be proven wrong.

Finally, these are not structural issues that spell the demise of the company. They can and should be fixed for the company to thrive. The sooner, the better. The only one that can fix them is Nick.
    Last edited by youmav: 22/02/18
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.