4DX 2.08% 49.0¢ 4dmedical limited

Research, page-1060

1. 16 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    No need for a separate PME/visage announcement as 4D Medical's algorithms are technology agnostic. This means the algorithms use the raw DICOM data from any diagnostic scanner, from any vendor, be it X-ray or CT since DICOM is a global standard for image data. The ventilation report output can then be uploaded to any EMR or PACS system for review by a clinician. This is the beauty of 4DMedical's product.

As JonesingPanda has said, the time for rollout depends on staff training and educating/advertising to referring Drs on the new technology. The release of the CT product should speed this up as it wouldn't require a change to the radiographers CT workflow. Whereas, the XV solution would require radiographers to be trained in a XVLAS specific workflow. I attended a talk where Andreas mentioned the XV algorithm required specific angles/parameters of the X-ray equipment. No big deal - but it takes time to roll that out to a network as big as iMed's. CT data is much more data rich so I imagine the algorithm is less dependent on the CT scan and workflow settings.

Medicare billing codes may also be an issue for iMed. I am not sure if any of the current codes would cover the cost of the ventilation report and therefore it may only be available to patients willing to pay extra.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.