4DX 0.94% 52.5¢ 4dmedical limited

Research, page-1779

1. 51 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    Whilst we are in NAIDOC week, I was thinking about the work that is being done by the Governments(funding approved by Mark Butler MP) enquiry into the prospects, process and delivery of a national lung cancer screening program in Australia.

“Lung cancer has a greater proportional impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people in regional and rural areas, and those of lower socioeconomic status.

On the 2nd May, Mr Butler announced $263.8 million for a national lung cancer screening program. The first new national cancer screening program in nearly 20 years. Starting by July 2025.

The new screening program has been co-designed with First Nations people.

The screening program will support the early detection of lung cancer through the use of Low Dose Computed Tomography (LDCT) in asymptomatic high-risk individuals. LDCT screening aims to diagnose earlier stage lung cancer and enable treatment when the disease is more likely to be curable.

Using the criteria (ages 50 to 74 years for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population and ages 55 to 74 years for other Australians who are current or former smokers) would result in approximately 2.9 million men and women who have a smoking history and are currently within the age parameters of the Program. Of this population, an estimated 580,000 would be eligible for LDCT upon completion of the risk assessment tool.

The screening test for the Program is LDCT with volumetric analysis at 2-yearly intervals. There are currently in excess of 1500 CT scanners in both the public and private sector across Australia which may be suitable for LDCT screening.

As this is the first cancer screening program designed in the digital age, LDCT reporting will leverage the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and computer assisted diagnostics. LDCT will employ structured reporting by a radiologist and computer aided detection (CAD). Indeterminate results will be reviewed by a second radiologist. Scans and scan results will be uploaded to the screening register and reports provided to both the participant and their primary care practitioner.”

Although there are no references to 4Dmedical, it will be interesting to learn how the program develops and if we receive a “piece of the pie.” I would certainly hope so! 580,000 x an approx. $200 = a cool $120million. Let me know your thoughts on this space. The report is worth the read regardless.
    https://www.canceraustralia.gov.au/sites/default/files/publications/report-lung-cancer-screening-

enquiry/pdf/report_on_the_lung_cancer_screening_enquiry_0.pdf https://www.medicalrepublic.com.au/lung-cancer-gets-a-half-billion-dollar-boost/90624

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.